Oh… where to start.
There was so many one-liners that my girls spit out today, that I want to get them all down before I forget forever.
What better way for a Type A personality to remember, than a bullet list.
- Us girls wanted to convince Daddy to take us on the golf cart. We begin plotting how to get him from sofa to caddy, when next thing I hear is click-clack, click-clack. In walks Britton in with her sequined cocktail dress and cowboys boots. She puts her hand on her hip, cocks her head to one side and matter-of-factly says to me, “Who can so no to THIS outfit?”
- While bouncing around on the back of the golf cart tonight, Kenley looks up at me and says, “My ties (thighs) are getting bigger.”
- When Mr. Robinson tells us to hang on, bumps ahead, Kenley looks over to me and directs me to, “Hold onto your boobs Mommy.”
- During Kenley’s preschool orientation today, her best bud Gracie walked up to her. Kenley looked over at her with a straight face and said, “You popped out of nowhere.” God, I love four.
- “I have Nene’s (starts to lift her shirt) and YOU have boobies Mommy”. -Kenley
- After I made Kenley’s pink and brown bedding yesterday, I noticed that BRITTON had made a note for Kenley, from the Tooth Fairy. She even left candy for her little sister, under her pillow. Melt my heart.
We experimented with mixing yellow + blue in our play dough. We found that yellow plus blue makes green- just like in the Glad Zip Lock commercials from way back when. It amazes me every time, no matter how many times I make it, how much my girls love playing with homemade play dough. They must have sat at the bar for two hours today, kneading the warm green dough, creating dragons, cookies, people, nests.
At one point Britton had made a standing tree with small round green apples attached, planted in grass with thumbprints all over it. She went on to explain to me that it was Adam and Eve’s garden, and proceeded to tell me that, “Adam and Eve were in the garden. But then they ate the apple, and then they were naked. But an angel was still with them in the garden.” Actually, she told it much better than that. With more details than I can recollect, sadly. Kids.
Also had the opportunity to
make slice then bake some All Natural Chocolate Chip Cookies. Warm cookies, gooey in the middle, melted chocolate chips, paired perfectly with a cool glass of skim milk. Dee-lish.
Thursday night was Family Game Night. Ladies Choice. We played the classic board game Operation. I don’t think I have played that game since I was Britton’s age. And that dang loud, irritating buzzer makes me jump every time.
And if you don’t believe me when I say it is hot and muggy here- then Kenley’s door painting is evidence.
With hours of television watching that have been logged over the past few months, let it be known that I have made an attempt to have ‘reading time’ for 1/2 hour prior to powering on the big screen. Okay, so we did it a total of 5 times- but hey, it’s better than nothing. The girls get their heirloom quilts, travel pillows, several books, and then choose a ‘comfy’ place in the house to sit quietly and read. Then the microwave times gets set for 30 minutes. I think they like the structure- should have done it a lot more than we did.
And here is one for YOU Aunt Dee Dee!