Okay, so it isn’t “new” per se, but rather new to my cooking library. I ordered it off Amazon recently and have made probably 17 meals from it already. It is the Southern Living Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites. True to it’s word, the meals are easy and it gives suggestions for sides and…. breaks down the protein, calorie, carbohydrate information.
This week on our menu, we will be having
- Bistro Chicken Piza (with Ranch salad)
- Apricot Pork Chops (with mashed potatoes and asparagus)
- Steak Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing (with vanilla ice cream)
I ask Mr. Robinson and the kids to “rate” each meal with a scale of 1-5 stars (5 being the yummmmy), then I record it in the cookbook so I know what ingredients to grab next time I’m in a mad dash to make my grocery list.
Some of the other favorites have been:
- Sausage and Pepper Subs, with green seedless grapes
- Pimento Cheese Chicken with Hot Buttered Grits, with broiled tomatoes with breadcrumbs)
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches, with baked potato chips — (great after church lunch)
- Upside-Down Pizza Casserole, with garden salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Steak Salad