Back in the day, when Facebook was new and fun, I once replied to a request to write 25 random things about yourself. For whatever reason, I actually did it. My friend, Darby, recently pointed out #19. Irony is a funny thing.
* The below was composed in 2009.
1. After having my kids, I could care less about watching “A baby story” on TLC. I don’t care about your delivery story!
2. On a shy scale of 1-10, I am a 12!
3. I have seen every episode of little house on the prarie- three times over. I secretly wished I could live in walnut grove with the Ingalls family.
4. My grandfather was a concert violinist (the FSU music building named after him)- I, however, have no musical talent and gave up piano early on
5. In my next life I want to be a country singer with big white teeth, diamonds and a jet .
6. I am obsesssed with taking lots of photos of our children, then immediately uploading, printing and putting them in a photo book with dates/names/place (see #12).
7. One of my fears is that I will get cancer.
8. I am a homebody- if I got locked in my house for 2 weeks I would be content.
9. I rarely spent the night out as a child because I would get “homesick”. I would fake a headache so my parents would come get me.
10. My husband and I have the same Myers-Brigg personalities- ISFJ, and lived 2 miles apart for 10 years before we met. He rocks and I love him more now than ever.
11. Daniel Boone was my 7th great grandfather- my dad was Daniel Boone Kuersteiner
12. I am type “A” and like routines, planning, schedules, and lists.
13. Some of my closest friends today, are those from my childhood.
14. My youngest daughter was born with several congenital heart defects- including two holes in her heart.
15. She had open heart surgery at 17 months with subsequent complications- I thank God each day for this now healthy, precious child that is still with us.
16. I don’t like talking on the phone
17. Big crowds overwhelm me and small talk makes me tired
18. People call me ‘Random Landrum’ because I am often lost in my own thought- saying off the wall things. Life is much more interesting this way.
18. I believed in Santa Clause until middle school when my parents finally told me the truth because the others kids were making fun of me (incidentally, I cannot add- as this is the second #18 I noticed),
19. I love my two girls- would have no idea what to do with a little boy.
20. My dream car growing up was a brown thunderbird with a big eagle on the hood
21. I miss my Dad and wish he could have lived to meet my husband and see my children
22. I would rather travel to Wyoming/Montana (or St. Teresa), than to Europe any day!
23. My sister and I were always at different stages growing up (3.5 years apart), but she is my best friend now.
24. When I was little, I used to play ‘secretary’ with a telephone and notepad and pretend like I was transferring calls. I later decided that I wanted to be a cashier at the supermarket since they got to use scanners and credit cards machines.
25. I flipped my jeep (and flattened it) on my way home from college- my mom watched from the car she was driving behind me. I crawled out of the crumpled car with not so much as a scratch.
God must have known I had a greater purpose